Viaţă în România --------- Life in Romania

some happy, sad, funny, frustrating, incredible, discouraging, wow, joyful and "what the heck is going on?" moments from the lives of kelsey (mama) and caleb (son) serving Jesus in romania. TOATE SUNT POSSIBLE CU ISUS! (all things are possible with Jesus!)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ants on a Log!

Caleb needed a haircut, real bad. We went 4 times to his hair guy and he was never there. Yesterday we tried again and found out that now, as of yesterday, he's on vacation until February. That meant I had to take him to my hair dresser and he wasn't so happy about that (she's a girl, you know.) Still, he survived and looked pretty darn handsome after the cut! I asked him to pose below and he would only take pictures with his eyes closed - he was in silly mode. The box he's holding in his hands is from a local grocery store. He noticed it a little over a week ago and asked the women working there if he could have it when it was empty. When we walked in yesterday it was still full but the women felt bad so they emptied it for him. He was SO excited and has been playing with this cardboard box non-stop since yesterday evening.


Ants on a log! I have received some recent donations through the mail to help the kids' diet at Casa Alba orphanage. Two of these are : jars and jars of Peanut Butter (thanks April!) and raisins (thanks Aunt Connie!). I bought some bananas and during the middle of program on Wednesday morning we made ants on a log. They had never eaten them before (well, as far as I know) and they LOVED them. Although Joni (picture below) was doing homework Wednesday morning (when I do program with the 4 year olds) he popped in at the end. I ask him if he wanted to try one and he willingly agreed : ) All he could say was (with a stuffed mouth ) "More Kelsey, I want more, I want more!"